Welcome to Playhouse Co-op Preschool
Playhouse values early childhood as an exciting and important time in a child’s life. Young children need to explore and experiment freely by themselves and with the world around them. At Playhouse, meaningful learning happens through hands-on experiences. Problem-solving and social skills are developed to foster independent thinking in a cooperative setting. Our staff provides guidance in a supportive and nurturing environment. Established in 1951 as a cooperative school, we are enriched by the contributions of our diverse group of families.
SAFETY INFORMATION FOR PROSPECTIVE PARENTS IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
The global pandemic that rocked our society in the spring of 2019 triggered a seismic transformation in how we interact with each other. No one here could have anticipated our new normal, yet the foundational pillar of our philosophy remains intact. We continue to reimagine and implement protocols that balance safety and the needs of families in these unprecedented times.
Safety measures we have in place are:
- Each class has at the most, 15 children, with 1 lead teacher and 1 or 2 assistant teachers.
- All staff members are vaccinated.
- All adults are required to wear masks inside the building.
- All children are required to wear masks when entering and exiting each day and are strongly encouraged to wear a mask while inside the classroom.
- Teachers take children’s temperatures as they enter.
- Children wash their hands when they enter each morning and multiple times throughout the day.
- All parents that participate in co-oping are required to be vaccinated.
Tours of the school are available at the end of the school day and can be scheduled by calling Anat or Dana at 973-736-9451 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
Scheduling tours and accepting applications for the 2022-2023 school year.