Welcome to Playhouse Co-op Preschool
Playhouse values early childhood as an exciting and important time in a child’s life. Young children need to explore and experiment freely by themselves and with the world around them. At Playhouse, meaningful learning happens through hands-on experiences. Problem-solving and social skills are developed to foster independent thinking in a cooperative setting. Our staff provides guidance in a supportive and nurturing environment. Established in 1951 as a cooperative school, we are enriched by the contributions of our diverse group of families.
NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE PARENTS IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
The global pandemic that rocked our society this spring triggered a seismic transformation in how we interact with each other. No one here could have anticipated the new normal we have had to adapt to so quickly, yet the foundational pillar of our philosophy remains intact. Now we, like you, are inventing a new way of living to best balance safety and family needs in these unprecedented times.
As a cooperative school, parent participation is also fundamental to our philosophy. Unfortunately, due to social distancing regulations, parents will not be able to participate in their child's classroom at this time. However, we are committed to encouraging parent involvement safely, through our parent board of directors and the committees which help the school operate.
The other major safety measures we have implemented are:
- Class size: up to 10 children, plus a teacher and an assistant
- Parents will not enter the building
- While you wait outside, we will welcome your child, take your child's temperature (must be below 100.4) and ask you to answer screening questions.
- Upon entering the class your child will wash his/her hands, put away belongings and join friends for play.
- All staff members will wear masks. Children are encouraged to wear masks but not required to keep them on.
Tours of the school are available at the end of the school day and can be scheduled by calling Anat or Lisa at 973-736-9451. We look forward to meeting you!
School will re-open on July 27th for Summer Camp. We continue to accept applications for September 2020.
Playhouse is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associated Program Amazon Playhouse